With Avocados on special this week 2 for $3, now is a perfect time for an ‘Avocado, Garlic & Cheese Pull-Apart Bread’ recipe. So drop by to get your fresh ingredients in store.
Avocado, Garlic & Cheese Pull-Apart Bread
Prep time: 15min
Cook time: 20min
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and halved lengthways
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups grated 3-cheese mix
- Salt & pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan-forced.
- Using a sharp knife, deeply cut the bread into a honeycomb pattern (don’t cut through the base of the loaf).
- Scoop avocado flesh into a bowl and add oil, garlic and lemon juice and seasoning, and lightly mash with a fork.
- Gently ease bread open and spoon avocado mixture into the loaf.
- Repeat using cheese.
- Place loaf onto a large sheet of foil and loosely wrap. Place on a baking tray and bake for 12 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for a further 8-10 minutes until hot and golden then serve.